Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tribute

The Fundamental principles are flawed. A universal constant that we rely upon, to maintain order and stability in this chaotic world, has come into question.

The uniformity of MacDonalds' food from, restaurant to restaurant, country to country.

I start at work early on Monday and Tuesday mornings, somewhere between 0530hrs and 0600hrs, depending upon when I drag my sorry carcass out of bed. Then after looking after what needs to be done onsite I drive back down to the gong for the days university learning fun. I'm driving passed at least one Maccas in my travels, so there is a great temptation to drive up to their conveniently positioned food dispensing windows . Yesterday morning I succumbed to the breakfasty delights that the clown had to offer. My usual order was taken. A sausage and egg McMuffin meal(with orange juice large) and a bacon and egg McMuffin. I usually eat the B&E muffin first as the spicy sausage has a more agreeable after taste. However, yesterday to my great surprise, I found myself eating the best Bacon & Egg McMuffin ever!
(Note:Exclamation point used)

Knowing full well that this experience contravenes all that society takes for granted on a few levels.

A>MacDonalds make fast less than satisfying food
B>It's always the same which ever restaurant you go to, whenever you're there.

So I'm left having to rationalise that I have had the best and most satisfying Bacon and Egg Muffin ever, and it came from MacDonalds. But, worse than that, MacDonalds food varies in quality. Permit me here to take some comic book logic, just briefly. If there can exist such a perfect specimen of Muffin as this, or a hero muffin; out there somewhere, just to keep balance to universal constants, there must be a super villain muffin.

Two thoughts come to mind. I don’t want to get that super villain muffin, and no Egg and Bacon Muffin will ever satisfy again. I know this is a pessimistic thought, but, I can see myself journeying the globe, leaving for distant galaxies, stopping into every MacDonalds on the way, in search of this Egg and Bacon McMuffin.(I bet that’s what the Silver Surfer is doing, just too ashamed to admit it)

2 Songs playing in my head(Parody stylings)

1>The Clown will never have that recipe again.. Oh Noo….
2>This is not the greatest muffin in the world. No, this is a tribute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is scary that you could find anything from MacDonalds satisfying.

Ximno said...

I wont try to justify my actions...
You don't expect satisfaction from something so convienient, but it's a welcome surprise

Da Loch said...

I think I've had that supervillain muffin.
And in true supervillain fashion, once I got rid of him, he kept coming back! (YaK)

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.