Friday, May 06, 2005

Dreading to Drear? or Drearing to dread?

Well the day began as the clock ticked it's tocking last night, well this morning, at midnight. "One constant in a world of variables, a man alone" on his computer, struggling with too many assignments. The keys on my Board, or otherwise known as the human interface device(It's amazing that humans are now seen as peripheral extensions of computers), clicked and clacked as I displayed, to myself, my general wizardry of the Equation Editor function on both assignments I was working on simultaneously. Bouncing back to the other assignment as I get annoyed with the one I'm working on.

My heart sinks as I watched each of my fellow burners of the midnight lamp logoff and retreat to their personal realms of slumber. I crack my neck to the right and reopen the other assignment, frequency of this assignmental transition is beginning to increase, I know I'm just getting more irritated, it's not getting harder. As a last ditch effort to regain a positive outlook I walk out onto the balcony and release a screech which echoes from the surrounding mountains and houses. Mental apology to the neighbours.

Eltham is talking in his sleep again, that is mildly amusing. Alas, the theoretical limit for my work has been reached. To bed, retire I. As I close my eyes the alarm clock mocks me, as a sinister monster with evil intent, my solitude it already plans to destroy.

3 comments:

/Karen/ said...

What sort of things does Eltham say in his sleep?

Ximno said...

It usually begins with that sound he makes when he's forgotten something, or had an idea. From there he could say anything. However, things said are rarely interesting, despite his claims of awesomely bizarre dreams.

gruehunter said...

It's Eltham! He just lives on a different planet. That would explain why he doesn't agree with me about what's awesome and what's not.